Let's Leave the Country! A Guide to Your Family Year Abroad
“A wonderfully insightful guide, designed to help readers take their own leaps into life-changing travel adventures.”
- Tracey Carisch, author, Excess Baggage: One Family’s Around-the-World Search for Balance
One of the most direct (and fun!) ways for “becoming better people” is to get to know those in other parts of the world. They teach us who we are and vice versa.
Vacation travel is one way to do this, but extended time away — whether exploring different cultures or doing a deep dive in a single one — offers an opportunity to connect more profoundly with life.
Let’s Leave the Country! guides you past the belief that such an adventure is too daunting. In it you will discover:
- How to develop the optimal mindset to devise and follow through on your plan
- How to find “ambassadors” who will help ease your passage abroad
- Guidance for overcoming the obstacles you may encounter
- Advice on creating the richest experience possible once you’re beyond the border
- Wisdom on extending the adventure long after you return home
"If you're considering a family year abroad, this is your first book to read (and re-read). Jacqueline Jannotta is the detail-oriented guide, wise mentor and honest friend you need to help you make the leap from dream to reality."
- Asha Dornfest, author of Parent Hacks and co-host of the Edit Your Life podcast
For a closer look into our own year abroad, here’s a list of Becoming Better People blog posts about our time in Italy:
- Planting Ourselves Beyond the Comfort Zone
- My Top Three Lessons from “School” in Italy
- The Day a Window on Immigrant Life Opened Wide